Work schedule: 5/2
Job Location: Atyrau
Duration of Assignment: direct hire
This position has primary responsibility for Kashagan Safety Systems including monitoring, maintenance, integrity, troubleshooting, and recovery in both engineering and lifecycle support phases. In addition, this position also provides support to Operations by providing solutions to complex instrumentation/control problems and support to Projects in both the front end engineering and the detailed engineering phases.
This role covers both Engineering and Lifecycle aspects of the Kashagan Asset:
integrity installations throughout their life cycle.
oSIFpro facilitator and Subject Matter Expert on Instrumented Protective Functions (IPF) including associated architecture to meet IPF requirements. This role also has expectations of training another local staff on use of this tool and the understandings of Layers Of Protection Analysis (LOPA);
IPF Peer Review;
Flow metering, quality measuring instruments (QMI), instrumentation, on/off and control valves as applicable to IPF architecture and associated Probably of Failure on Demand;
Asset Management System;
Alarm Management as applicable to IPFs and layers of protection; and,
Safeguarding and Control narratives.
Ensures all deliverables produced by/for their disciplines as defined in the respective Controls and Assurance Plans comply with the approved Codes & Standards;
Reviews and approves business critical deliverables requiring TA-2 authorization appropriate to their discipline (e.g. those with significant multi-discipline content);
Accepts business critical deliverables developed by the contractor on behalf (after having assured compliance of standards) articipates in technical verification exercises of contractor deliverables;
As appropriate, recommends and justifies (ALARP) deviations from the approved Codes & Standards to the TA-1;
Participates in contract tender evaluations to review contractor technical qualifications (experience, personnel, equipment, etc.) for executing scope of work;
Reviews and assesses competency of contractor’s personnel within their Discipline;
In coordination with TA-1, authorizes the design tools selected for use;
Assists in the management of competencies across organization within their Discipline.
Represents Engineering in HAZOPS, Risk Assessments and other safety reviews;
Leads and/or participates in complex Process Safety incident investigations related to discipline;
Promotes Process Safety and shares discipline learning’s from Process Safety incidents across the organization;
Contributes new ideas and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes and to improve value delivery to projects;
Identify, analyze & promote improvement opportunities to optimize equipment capacity & performance;
Provide support in troubleshooting, diagnosis & investigation of discipline related issues and to establish a plan for correction or mitigation;
Reviews operational issues and formulates proposals to improve MTBF and MTTR in a cost effective manner;
Works to optimize the PTI (periodic test interval) of IPFs to align with turnaround schedules;
Is accountable for exercising appropriate discipline controls projects through the project gates until final execution and Operations acceptance of the deliverables;
Undertakes tasks and projects of moderate complexity;
Supports the FSR system including review/approval of deviations and of eMOCs including deliverables;
Provides support to MOC based modifications and projects to appropriate technical and RoK standards;
Defines the scope of work and progresses contracts for services related to PACO projects, with minimal supervision;
Assists in the management of technical interfaces with contractors and vendors;
Reviews/ensures high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to the discipline for assets and for all projects;
Develops effective working relationships with all disciplines and customers;
Acts as role model to promote strong safety and service culture;
Plays a key coaching & mentor role for National staff in the skill pool and frontline technicians; and,
Visits onshore and offshore facilities to build a strong collaborative relationship.
- Bachelor in Engineering degree and 8-12 years relevant engineering, maintenance and/or operations experience;
- A minimum 9 years of relevant experience is expected for TA-2’s to be assessed for sub-discipline.
- Significant field experience
gathered from any of the following are required:
- PACO vendors or contractors;
- Process industry;
- Oil & gas facilities;
- Refinery; and,
- Chemical and Petrochemical Plants
- Knowledge of International engineering standards, best practices, and systems;
- Knowledge of Process Safeguarding including LOPA, PFD, HAZOP based assessment tools;
- Knowledge of field instrumentation, integration of third party packages, and base layer control;
- Aware of & familiar with issues surrounding high pressure high H2S facilities;
- Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, key words being: technology, fit-for-purpose solutions and cost effectiveness;
- Experience in staff development, training, coaching or mentoring.
- The job holder must have:
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated technical leader with a proven track record;
- Capable of managing small teams to achieve a well-defined goal;
- Strong English language skills; and,
- Ability to write and review technical documentation in English.
If you are interested, please send your CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org